Tv-L Agreement

Researchers usually enter into an employment contract with a university or research organization. This large group includes PhD students and post-docs, but also youth group leaders. The researchers` salaries are set in a collective agreement negotiated between the public sector employer and the unions. This is based either on the Public Service Collective Agreement (TVoeD), which applies at the federal and national level, or on the public service collective agreement in the federal states (TV-L). One particular case is that of Hesse, which is not a member of the Lunders` tariff community and which has entered into its own collective agreement with the trade unions, TV-H. The rate paid by the organization concerned is indicated in the vacancy notice. Researchers are employed by a university or research organization and their salary is determined on the basis of a collective agreement. The salary of researchers depends on the corresponding work experience. Public service collective agreements offer levels of experience in this area. If you are considering moving to another institution, you should check whether this change would have a negative impact on your salary. If, for example, youth group leaders adopt a more responsible research project, they are generally divided into a higher salary group. In theory, it is possible for a scientific collaborator to get a lower salary than he was until now, since he would have to start from scratch at level 1.

However, collective agreements stipulate that this should never happen and that staff are placed at a higher level of experience with at least the same salary. The research officers are public servants and their collective agreement provides for a special annual payment. This replaces previous paid leave and Christmas bonuses. It varies between 33% and 60% of his average monthly salary, depending on the salary bracket and level of experience. There are also differences between the old and the new states. Additional benefits are also paid to scientific staff, for example. B if they do particularly well with the acquisition of third-party funds. However, these additional payments are not as common in some states. Only the TV-H agreement provides for child benefit – a remnant of the federal BAT work rate, which has been replaced by TVoeD and TV-L.

Research often requires researchers to spend some time abroad or to be funded by scholarships.

Klicken Sie, um mehr zu erfahren